Bones Spoilers

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Tales from the Writer's Room: Part One


One of my favorite parts about writing for TV or film is the magical process of seeing my words come to life. In reality, it was a very talented props person named Ian, and not magic, that made the centrifuge I wrote about on Thursday appear in the entryway of our building Monday morning. But unless I end up winning Powerball, scriptwriting is probably the closest I’ll ever come to that genie-in-a-bottle moment: your wish is my command.  I hope I never become too world-weary to appreciate how special this feels.
So, I called this blog “Tales from the Writers Room,” but the truth is, I’m not actually spending much of my time in the writers’ room these days as I start to prep my first Bones episode. However, I do hope this kicks off my (sporadic) blog about the super awesome job of writing for a network television show.  For the uninitiated, Bones is a drama that airs on Fox, 8pm Thursday nights.

centrifuge
Some props, including a piece of the centrifuge, which will end up looking a lot more magical (and bigger) when the show finally airs.


Tipster:  geraghtyvl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...