Bones Spoilers

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

THE X-FILES’ 20th Anniversary: BONES Creator Hart Hanson Talks About Its Influence on His Work


On September 10, 1993, a little show called THE X-FILES debuted on Fox. It started off modestly enough on Friday nights…until suddenly it grew to be a massive pop culture force: winning Emmys, getting the post-Super Bowl slot in 1997, and making household names out of series stars David Duchovny (Mulder) and Gillian Anderson (Scully). The show ultimately ended up producing 202 episodes over nine seasons (not to mention two movies — one released during the show’s run, and one six years after the series ended), and is now living on in a “season 10″ comic.

Personally, it massively influenced me as a television fan, arguably more so than any show I’ve watched since. And in the (many) years I’ve been doing this job, it’s been brought up to me more times than I can count as an influence of the shows I’m covering today.

So in honor of the 20th anniversary of the series, I decided to take a different approach in honoring the series: I spoke with some of the television writers who have repeatedly mentioned to me that they have been influenced by THE X-FILES to dig deeper into why this show resonated with them.
First up? BONES/THE FINDER creator Hart Hanson (whose Fox series is also currently filming on the same stages X-FILES filmed on when the show made the move from Vancouver to Los Angeles between seasons 5 and 6)…


Tipster: 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...